Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Singapore!


Today is 9th August! Singapore's Birthday! I hereby wish Singapore a beautiful,peaceful and a prosperous in the years to come! 43rd Birthday this year! Singapore do have come a long way since independence! Hahas... I do have a friend who is born on the same day as the nation,but not the same year. Her name is Jasmine Er.(I know so many Jasmine s,need to specify the surname too!)

Watched the parade just now on TV. It was so nice. But I only watched the parade and the last half an hour of the performance. I was thinking to myself as I watched the parade that I might be one of the people in the GOH contingents the year after next. Because I was selected to go for Vocational Assessment earlier this year.(You can see the posting in my personal blog.) But I haven't get the letter for my posting yet. If I am really posted to Commando,I will be in the GOH contingents the year after next. Because the three GOH contingents are the Commando,the NDU(Naval Diving Unit),and the RSAF(Republic of Singapore Air Force). So I will have to get into one of these 3 units in order to be in the GOH contingents. And since I have been selected to go for the Commando Vocational Assessment,Imay have a chance to get posted to the Commando Unit after all! Then I can be in the GOH contingent for Commando in the year 2010 le! Ya. So very the good lor!

See so many blogs le. Don't think a lot of people will put their thinking of the NDP in their blogs. Maybe people may think that I'm siao! But maybe I'm participated in the NDP(for my school),that's why I feel a great sense of pride for my own country and my nation,and my home,Singapore!

Happy 43rd Birthday,Singapore!

No comments: