Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sunday Service at Truth Baptist Church (17/08/2008)

17th August 2008- Sunday. It was a wet and cold Sunday. Woke up at 6.30am and can't get to sleep,so went and washed up and changed. Because I was serving at the service on that day,I wore a white long-sleeved shirt and a pair of navy blue pants. The tie was a white one with bubbles(or circles) on it. So I went on my way.

Wow! I can't believe it myself! I actually reached the church office at 8.30am.(around that time.). But I didn't wait long. About 5-8 mins later,I can see Rev.Lai's car drove past and Aunty Biqing's car was behind. Actually,I thought I will be late,but on that day,when I took the lift downstairs to walk to the bus stop,the bus came at the right time, and when I went to the platform to wait for the train,the train was there,waiting for me. I guess that is why I can reach earlier than usual. And Aunty Biqing praised me for being early,and I replied humbly that I did not wait long. Hahas.

9.30am- Service starts. The people serving were gathered for a short prayer before we began,led by Rev. Lai. Then after that,we took our places and get ready. First it's the silent meditation and home news sharing,led by Rev. Lai. Then is the call to worship,led by Ps. Eric and Bro.Darius. Then we sang the hymn To God Be The Glory,led by Uncle Jonathan Loo and Sis. Lai Yu'an. After that,we had our Invocation and Doxology. Then, our church choir presented a song entitled Sing A Round of Praise and conducted by Ps. Eric Kuan. I must say that the choir had indeed out a lot of effort into practicing for this song,because this song is used to glorify the Lord! Then after that, we had our Scripture Recitation,led by me and Sis.冉冉. The passage was taken from Isaiah 27:1-13. Then we sang a hymn again entitled All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name. After that, it's the sermon text recitation,and the sermon text passage is taken from Psalm 144:12-15. After that,it''s the sermon text,and Aunty Biqing was the speaker,interpreted by Bro. Marcus. The topic was 'Love Your Country and Love Your Family.'.After that, we sang a responsive hymn entitled O Lord, May Church and Home Combine. Then we had our offering,Thanksgiving prayer and Gloria Patri. Then the benediction and Amen response led by Rev. Lai. and we were dismissed after the silent prayer. Its must have been hard to know who are the people serving,so I better include the roster for 17/8/2008.

证道:郑璧卿牧者 Speaker: Ps. Zheng Biqing
传译:莫伟文 Interpreter: Marcus Mok.
领会:关牧者,陈烩俊 Worship Leader: Ps. Eric, Darius Chen
领诗:吕立仁,赖妤安 Song Leader: Jonathan Loo, Lai Yu'an
华文读经:藤冉冉 English Scripture Reading: James Tan
司捐:李海风,周敏翠,黄蕴玉,区裕球 Offering Stewards: Li Haifeng,Zhou Mincui,Wong Younk Yook, Ngow Yee Khaw
招待:宋丽华, 郜敏 Ushers: Song Lihua, Gao Min
司琴:何家铭,何小慧,蔡政原 Accompanists:Ho Jia Ming, Ho Shiao Hwee,Chua Zhengyuan
儿童敬拜:邢晶晶 Children's Worship: Xing Jingjing
幼儿敬拜:黄蔼贤,张莉婷 Toddler's Worship: Tracy Wong, Zhang Liting

No comments: